5. Because Queen Amidala, elected to rule planet Naboo, knows to train a decoy, negociate with the Gungans and save her planet from the evil Trade Federation when the Republic refuses to help. @Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
6. Because Strider, the 16th Chieftain of the Dúnedain of the North, saved Gondor’s Minas Tirith, led the last resistance of men at Mount Doom and, while becoming King Aragorn II Elessar, kneeled before Frodo, the Hero of Men. Side note: he also married an Elvish angel, daugher of the Lord of Rivendell. @The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
7. Because High King Peter Pevensie (b.1927-d.1949) can lead a battle, face an evil Queen and still be the older brother. And having four kings that come from another dimension is better than a wicked heart.
Aslan agrees. @Narnia.
8. Because King Théoden, the seventeenth King of Rohan, can be healed, mourn his son, Théodred, Prince of Rohan, plan a last resistance at Helm’s Deep and then muster the Rohirrim to come into Gondor’s aid in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields where he is killed by the Witch King, who is in turn killed by Théoden’s niece, Lady Éowyn. @The Lord of the Rings: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
9. Because Regent of the North, Sansa Stark, eldest daughter of the warden of the North, can be betrothed to the Prince Heir of Westeros, then married to the youngest son of the Lord of Casterly Rock, then shipped to her aunt in the vale, then married to the usurper of Winterfell, then escape, help her brother recover Winterfell and become King in the North, prove great leadership (s)kills, be appointed Regent and still have time to be a good sister and defend her family as justice and honor demands, with the price of slaying the best finance minister in the whole Westeros that promised he will make her his Queen once he’ll step on the Iron Throne. @Game of Thrones, Seasons 1-6.
10. Because military chieftain El Cid (Don Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar) can lead and win a battle even in the afterlife. @El Cid (1961 film)
11. Because Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius can plan a Republic restoration with the help of his greatest general, then be honest and tell his son “Your faults as a son is my failure as a father” and even ask for Commodus’ forgiveness after he admitted he had none of the four chief virtues required to lead the Romans: Wisdom, Justice, Fortitude and Temperance. @Gladiator (2000 film)
12. Because King Beowulf, like Oedip, can be a hero, slay Grendel, tho is the King’s son with a sorceress, become the King’s heir, marry his wife and sacrifice himself to slay a dragon, who is his son with a Sorceress. @Beowulf (2007 film)
13. Because King Arthur leads the Knights of the Round Table and will never surrender Excalibur and the ideals of Camelot to a false king. @Quest for Camelot (1998 film)
15. Because Prince Derek and Princess Odette unite in holy matrimony, as planned since their childhood by their widowed parents, King William and Queen Uberta, after defeating the evil sorcerer Rothbart who forcibly courted her after slaying her father transforming her into a shape-shifter (daylight swan, moonlight lady). @The Swan Princess (1994 film)
16. Because Princess Milisande, ward of wizard Carolinus, loves dragons, loves Sir Peter and, knowing she can cross the bridge between the world of magic and the world of men, choses the latter. @The Flight of Dragons (1982 film)
*Work in progress*